Saturday, December 11, 2010

Media Education @ Home



Okay, I have decided to bite the bullet and get blogging!

At this stage I feel very green...

I studied Film and Television Production at QUT back the the early to mid 1990s. I was involved in that side of things for a little while, before embarking on the media education pathway. An area that I have thoroughly enjoyed!

Having had a break from the classroom to raise young children, I am keen as a bean to get into it all again ( I have recently visited some media classrooms with a small research project and felt completely and utterly ready to jump back in!). But, having observed my children and their media use at home, they have provided umpteen case studies for me to watch children in action with their media use. They are the inspiration for this blog. My children have provided me with a classroom at home. From my experience, now updated study and research pathway, I intend to write a blog about this journey from the context of the home front media hub. I thought it could also be of interest for parents, as they navigate the media landscape that children encounter every day.

I also write this to the sounds of Club Penguin. The online game that my 4 year old son is totally obsessed by.






No comments:

Post a Comment