Monday, December 13, 2010

Educating your kids about Star Wars...

I caught this via Twitter and thought it was hilarious!



Although humorous, there is a tad too much truth in here! That's why I am starting my kids with a New Hope.... ;-) I went to buy, what I thought was the trilogy the other day, but had to put it back when I discovered that it was the prequels. I admit that I agree with Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory "I'd rather George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended". I'm just not wrapped in the newer Star Wars. Lucas pioneered so much with those models, and seemed to create such magic, but went over to the dark side when he jumped on the cgi bandwagon and then got too carried away. There was something more "solid" with the earlier epics.

On that geeky Sci-Fi theme, I have introduced my son to Doctor Who, but only in small steps. We often joke that we are "inDoctrinating" him. So what if he has some posters, has as sonic screwdriver, can list all eleven (he's actually not keen on the youngest & newest Doctor mind you and that's got nothing to do with us) and owns a couple of T-Shirts (which I love! Brilliant!).

I'll probably blog more about this at some stage later too.


Okay, geek TV & movie admission over.... I got that out into the open rather early I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment