Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rock clips & music lessons? There's an app for that!

I caught this via Twitter and checked it out on YouTube and I love it! Created by Ilan and Sipo, experimental musicians from Israel, it is just so well done. Not only is it a very funky track, but to think this music has been made on iPhones and iPads makes it even more impressive. I have seen the guys on the subway do their bit, and that was also rather inventive, but having the music on the iPhone recorded in a studio setting is thinking even further outside the box!



Introducing the kids to musical instruments has been on my mind for a while now, as they approach the age of interest. My daughter is keen to play the violin, and has been eying up my own half size student fiddle downstairs for a while. But seeing this work here, it has got me thinking. Maybe it could be worthwhile introducing the kids to music via the iPhone. Maybe just to play around, experiment and create... Maybe they could produce their own little mix!



Ref:
O'Neill, M. (2011) First Ever Studio-Produced iPhone Track Hits YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment